Monday, August 11, 2008

Mid-August Already

Time is indeed rushing past as the speed of August, a month that seems to disappear even before it begins.

Today we deepened into the exploration of the mississippi waterways. We colored the states that touch the river and talked about where the river begins. We will deepen into the adventure through our book, the Might Minn over the next few weeks before our visit to Itasca.

This week we'll chart the flow of the mississippi in Minnesota and note where we'll cross it on our upcoming trip.

Today Ethan began writing a bionicle book. It's great. He's also creating illustrations that indicate a storyline developing from still images. Like a jedi attacking a droid. Ethan is constantly building and because of his hands-on approach to learning I'm ordering science kits that are all about hands-on learning methods to understand the subject. Each kit has several activities and comes with all the materials needed and in its own little storage box. Nutshell kits from Delta Education.
I haven't enrolled Avery into ECFE's preschool and don't know if I will. She comes home from the wonderful Wednesday activities all ornery but she has fun. I know she will do fine without attending the ECFE program but we can still make the final decision before the end of August.

I'll be getting a new desk this week at Ikea during our trip. I will have 25 cubbies for organization, which I desperately need for our craft materials and paperwork and homeschool materials in general, and a desk that can be used by three people at the same time including computer usage. I am SO excited. I am an organizational nut. I need everything in a space, labeled if possible, and easily accessible. Flow. Sometimes flow takes effort to get it there but once it's there, whee!

It's time to get back into the flow beyond the mind-suck computer screen. Blessings!

No comments: