Thursday, August 30, 2007

My dream

Before me I saw two pools. The one on the left was formed out of a raised concrete square with rounded corners, but the shape was obviously a square. The walls were two or more feet high and the pool was contained. The water look sterile, like it was chlorinated and it was all one color. There was nothing surrounding the pool, just the pool alone.

The second pool was a natural pool, with natural edges and you could walk right in, no barriers. The water was different shades depending on where you looked. There was movement to the water, gentle ripples. And further down from where I stood there was nature surrounding the pool, trees and grasses.

To get into the first pool, you had to step over the barrier. I couldn't do it. The concrete was rough and uninviting. The water looked dead and it felt toxic. However, I could stand with my feet bare on the edge of the natural pool, the earth soft beneath them and the water gently lapping at my toes. All I could see was growth and peaceful contentedness within the space of this pool, and felt that there was no end to this pool's possibilities. It was alive.

Which pool would you choose? I made my choice.

No comments: